Aged between 12-18 and love photography? This workshop will show you all about how to use your camera settings and get creative with your photography.
• Class Time: 10am - 1pm
• Duration: 3 hours
• Meeting point: Starting at Circular Quay, outside the Museum of Contemporary Art.
You’ll learn to use all the functions on your DSLR camera, and how to give your photos a professional quality. If you want to pursue a career in photography, this is a great class to kickstart your portfolio.
Taught by professional photographer Zac Alviz, the class will cover a range of technical aspects and you'll learn about:
• Aperture and depth of field
• Using shutter speed
• How to correctly expose photos
• Using composition techniques
• All about different focal lengths
• Using white balance and colour
This is a very hands-on class, so you’ll have plenty of time to practise your new skills on the day and take lots of shots!
• What to bring? A DSLR camera, or a camera with manual mode is preferable, but you may bring any kind of camera (with detachable or built-in lens). Please also be sure to bring plenty of memory cards and fully charged batteries. There will be a substantial amount of hands-on activity involved on the day, so please wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella should the weather call for it.
• What's involved? The three hour session will start with an introduction, before a series of mini challenges to help you get to grips with using your camera's settings. Class sizes are kept small (max 6 people) so each participant will have a chance to interact with the professional photographer on a one-to-one basis.
I would recommend for anyone who wants to get into photography. 5/5 by George Davis 2-2-2019
This event was really good because I helped me get to grips with my camara 5/5 by Jessica O’Brien 2-2-2019
5/5 by Annabelle Goddard 15-1-2019
5/5 by Laura Wood 13-1-2019
Help me find out things I never knew I had in my camera. 5/5 by Calissa Rogers 14-10-2018
Well organised, great content and teacher and location provided plenty of opportunities. 5/5 by Harrison Shepherd 14-10-2018
My 13 year old budding photographer really enjoyed his class. He says his teacher was very knowledgeable and he was taught everything he went there to learn. 5/5 by Carol Wilde 29-9-2018
It was fun. Got to meet new people. Nice host. 4/5 by Taylor Robinson 8-7-2018
I thought that was very helpful 5/5 by Isaac Price 23-4-2018
Super helpful and interesting. I really enjoyed the format and the length of the course. 5/5 by Lauren 22-4-2018
4/5 by Marsha Horan 14-1-2018
Zac was patient and didn’t rush the lesson giving Taylor a chance to experiment on his own whilst also there to provide guidance when needed 5/5 by Karen Platt 14-1-2018
My daughter really enjoyed the event and learnt a lot about how to use the manual settings on her camera. She would be keen to do another teen course if it were available. 5/5 by Mandy Gordon 9-10-2017
I loved my photography lesson, It has made me very confident with my camera and has allowed me to take quality photos that I can be proud of. The teachers are amazing and the location is great. I recommend it to all my friends. 5/5 by Max Collier 8-10-2017
I enjoyed it but it would have been good if the class was a little longer. 5/5 by Stella Furolo 17-7-2017
Very informative & fun 5/5 by Isaac Kopsiaftis 12-7-2017
This course was pretty good and i learnt alot about photography from it. Zac was a good instructor because he gave the right amount of teaching with also the right amount of letting us learn by ourselves. 4/5 by Elizabeth Fox 17-4-2017
Very informative, learnt new techniques including shutter speed, aperture and ISO. Thomas found it fun to explore the city. Zac very inclusive of all students and made the day fun. He gave positive feedback and was hands on in his approach. 5/5 by Allison Scott 9-4-2017
My son enjoyed learning the manual components of his camera such as ISO and shutter speed 4/5 by Ben Knappick 29-1-2017
It was very helpful learning about the f-stops, ISO and shutter speed. 4/5 by Sharon Allen 21-1-2017
My granddaughter Chloe Noulas enjoyed the Course.
Thankyou 4/5 by Chloe Noulas 4-10-2016
5/5 by Teagan Salinger 1-10-2016
The teacher was awesome
He is a professional at what he does and translates that to us. 4/5 by Zaib Javed 17-4-2016
This was a great course and I highly recommend it. 4/5 by Charlotte Foster 16-1-2016
We got more than we expected. .. thank you...so worth the money. Looking forward to lotz and lotz more. 5/5 by Jeslyn Botha 22-3-2015