1) The Photoh Photography Competition is open to people who attend a group, beginners, night, portrait, smartphone or teenage Photoh class in the same fortnight the competition is held and people who are members of the Beginners, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide, Canberra and Smartphone Photoh Facebook groups.
To find out more information about the group classes please click on one of the cities below:
After it has uploaded, type in the name and city of the class you attended, and any other information you want to include
Then press “Post”
Alternatively you are welcome to message your competition entry to the Photoh Facebook page inbox, or email your chosen photo to us at:
The photo will then appear on the Photoh wall for us to see and judge.
4) Students must submit only one photo for judging, and list the State they are from. If a student doesn't have a Facebook account and they still want to enter the competition, they can send their entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Photoh will pick:
a) One finalist from each state who have attended a class in the same fortnight the competition is held, and then a winner from the top five.
b) One winner will also be chosen from the Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Beginners and Smartphone Photography Photoh Facebook group members who have entered (who does not have to have attended a class in the same fortnight the competition is held), for a second, smaller prize of a lesser value.
6) The prizes are chosen by Photoh and will be sent out by registered mail to the winners. Prizes can range from photographic equipment, to accessories, or resources such as books. Photographic equipment prizes will be for Nikon or Canon SLRs. If the winner doesn't have a Nikon or Canon camera they will receive a $100 JB HiFi gift voucher instead. The second winner will only receive a $50 JB HiFi voucher.
7) Photos must be submitted by the specified date. Entries submitted after this date will not eligible to win the prize.
8) Entries that depict any of the things below will not be accepted and could lead to your photo being deleted and being blocked from the Photoh page:
Abuse or violence of any kind
Sexually explicit photos
Racially offensive photos
Any photos that a student has not taken, that they do not own, or that are protected by copyright by another person or entity.
None of these types of photos are eligible to be entered in the competition. If a photo is found to not belong to a student after it has been chosen as the winning photo, a new winner will be chosen.
9) Winners will be notified by email or phone. We will try both these methods of communication and if we have not had a response from the winner within a two week period, we will choose a new winner.